I find myself struggling to entertain all of the kids at the same time at home because of the age gaps. For those of you who don’t know, I have a nine year old boy, six year old girl and a two year old boy. I thought it might be nice to put a few ideas out here for any of you that might also be struggling with the same problem as me.
1) Magnatiles on the Garage – My kids were so excited about this. Who would have known moving a toy we already had outside would make such a difference. They loved it so much that we let the design sit on the garage all afternoon and did a whole presentation for their dad after he was done with work.
2) Facetime Baking with Grandma – Every week we meet with Grandma for a virtual baking session. She and the kids decide what they want to bake together and I just add those ingredients to my weekly grocery pick-up. I let her do all of the talking and just help guide the kids with the details. It’s been messy and there have been some frustrations but they look forward to it every week. We even meet after the baked goods are ready for a virtual snack time.
3) Balloons – Blow up a bunch a balloons and let them go wild! You could even put together activities with the balloons such as soccer, dodgeball, relay race or even an educational game for the littles by using the colors & sizes of the balloons.
4) Sidewalk Chalk – I will admit that my nine year old boy doesn’t always want to participate with chalk. The one thing they have all agreed on is tracing each other. They even draw the rest of the details sometimes having fun with it and making each other look a little different than they actually do. A great way to have a few giggles and to let their imagination run wild.
5) Plastic Cups – We already had an abundance of plastic cups that were unused from previous parties so I thought why not try to use them. I had them do teamwork building exercises and stacking races.
6) TikTok – Yep., I said it. The popular app has been great for our family. We haven’t actually published our videos but instead have just made lots of drafts and had so much fun! I may publish some in the future so stay tuned!
Be the first to comment